The U.S. Tax Code is 3 million pages long.  IRS Regulations are 71,684 pages long.  

Navigating the US Tax code can be overwhelming for anyone preparing more than the simplist tax return.  How do I report cash income? What expenses can I legitimately deduct? How do I keep records organized? What receipts should I keep? I received a W-2, a 1099, and cash income. Where are these reported on my return? What should I do about “estimated tax payments?”

Whether we like it or not, today’s tax laws are so complicated that filing a relatively simple return can be confusing. It is just too easy to overlook deductions and credits to which you are entitled. Even if you use one of the many tax prep software programs available, there’s no substitute for the assistance of an experienced tax professional.

I will not just take your tax information and then magically deliver a tax return to you. I will personally explain to you in plain language how the numbers work, why one deduction works, and another is not allowable. Pushing the envelope with the IRS is never a good idea, and I will ensure your tax return does not tread in “grey” areas. Being an informed taxpayer is smart business, and will help make each April 15th deadline a little less stressful.

I am easy to reach. Phone, email or submit the form on the Contact Me page.

Below are some of the tax services I provide:Mary-Lee-Miller-EA-Tax-and-Accounting-Services

  • Tax preparation, business and individual
  • Quarterly estimated tax payments
  • Preparation of delinquent (non-filed) tax returns
  • IRS payment plans
  • Resolution of IRS notices and letters
  • Tax planning

Unfiled tax returns? IRS problems? I can help.

If you have unfiled tax returns, owe money to the IRS, or have any other unresolved IRS issues, do not delay in contacting us, so that I can determine what actions need to be taken to resolve your tax problems.

Get your IRS File.

Did you know you can obtain a copy of your IRS file? You might be surprised to learn how much the IRS knows about you. Obtaining a copy of your IRS file is critical in analyzing options if you have IRS problems.

You can lose your refund if you fail to file a return after three years.

A compelling reason to file delinquent tax returns is that the clock is running on any refunds due. In cases where a return was not filed, the law provides most taxpayers with a three-year window of opportunity for claiming a Tax-refund-using-Mary-Lee-Miller-EArefund. If no return is filed to claim the refund within the three years starting with the due date of the return, the money becomes the property of the U.S. Treasury. After the expiration of the refund statute, not only does the law prevent the issuance of a refund check, it also prevents the application of any credits, including overpayments of estimated or withholding taxes, to other tax years that are underpaid.

On the other hand…

The 3-year statute of limitation for the IRS to collect any outstanding balances due does not start until a return has been filed. In other words, there is no statute of limitations for collecting tax if no return has been filed.